- May, 2014 NATS Ontario Chapter would like to extend an invitation encouraging all voice professionals and voice students to attend a special workshop with Jeanie LoVetri at the University of Toronto, Saturday, May 3rd from 12:30 to 5:30. Jeanie will present an introduction and overview of her method (Somatic Voicework™), a masterclass and follow up with a Q and A period. For more information please contact Alison Moodie. There will be a second event, still in the planning stages, for Sunday, May 4th, possibly with a Teacher Support Group meeting, a masterclass, group classes or private lessons; more information to follow. The contact person for the Sunday workshop is Alex Samaras.
- May, 2014 for the second year Somatic Voicework™ Level I training in NYC. Innovations in Vocal Pedagogy for Contemporary Commercial Music will be offered May 16-18, 2014 at the City College of New York with Conference Coordinator Suzanne Pittson, Jeannette LoVetri as Artist-in Residence and faculty Michelle Rosen with guest faculty Dr. Michael Pitman from New York Eye and Ear Infirmary and Annette Masson for voice and Movement. Our 2014 brochure is now available please visit for registration and more information. For any questions, please contact Suzanne Pittson.
- May, 2014 For the second year, the voice workshop™ is proud to host Overtone Singing and Vocal Improvisation workshop with Rollin Rachele on Sunday, May 25, 2014 at the Voice Workshop™ 317 West 93rd street, Apt 3B, New York, NY. Rollin Rachele is an internationally known teacher and performer who has combined overtone singing with a variety of other western forms and traditional Indian Raga music over the years. This workshop is for people who wish to learn more about overtone singing and how to apply them to other traditions, in order to create a richer palette of sound. Participants will learn basic building blocks of overtone singing and some tips on how to work with them in creative settings. For more information and registration information please view the Overtone Workshop Flyer or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June, 2014 Functional Vocal Training for 21st Century CCM Styles. Jeannette LoVetri and Texas Woman's University in Denton, Texas, in conjunction with the Texas Music Educators Association, will be holding a Vocal Pedagogy Workshop at TWU on Thursday, June 12th 2014-9:00 am to 5:30 pm and Friday, June 13th -9:00 am to 12:00 pm. The workshop will examine the basics of CCM styles and the vocal production necessary to sing them. Vocal health and terminology will also be covered and teachers will be guided to address typical issues that arise in belting, mixing and in the extreme pitch range and volume demands of repertoire. Students will be encouraged to develop skills necessary to sing CCM styles effectively. The vocal pedagogy workshop is for conductors and voice teachers of students from elementary level to senior citizens. Please view the Vocal Pedagogy Workshop for more information and registration or email Nicki Cohen.
- July, 2014
CCM Vocal Pedagogy Institute, July 12-21, 2014, Levels I, II,III at Shenandoah Conservatory, Winchester, VA. It continues to be the first and only vocal pedagogy course, now in it's twelfth year, offering graduate and doctoral credit for courses on CCM with Artist-in Residence Jeannette LoVetri. Guest faculty include Otolaryngolist Dr. Chandra Ivey, and broadway conductor Andy Einhorn. More information to follow. Please view our 2014 CCM brochure. For more information and registration information, please visit CCM Institute.
For further questions contact Kathryn Green at email@example.com.
- March, 2014 Are you a singer age 10-17 or do you know a young singer who sings jazz and blues who wants to pursue singing at a high level? Here's a chance to meet other serious young singers in a supportive and professional environment with leaders in the field of jazz and voice instruction. In this FREE workshop, you will review the basics of making a great sound using your whole body to make vocal music. You will also learn the fundamentals of singing soulfully in the styles of jazz and blues. Outstanding vocalists from the workshop will be invited to participate in the Original Cast Recording of Message From Saturn, the jazz musical by Eli Yamin and Clifford Carlson. The recording will take place this spring at the world famous Avatar Studios in NYC.The workshop is free but parents/guardians must register here for students to reserve a spot. Register right away as spaces are limited. for more information and how to register please visit the Jazz Drama Vocal Program.
Monday, March 31, 2014 from 4:30 to 6:30 PM
Jazz Drama Program Vocal Workshop for singers ages 10-17 with Eli Yamin and Jeannette LoVetri.
The Jazz Drama Program Studio 303 West 42nd Street (at the corner of 8th Avenue) Suite 303 New York, NY 10036
- January, 2014 Somatic Voicework™ Level II, Vocal Pedagogy in the 21 Century will be offered for the first time outside of Shenandoah in January 17-19, 2014, at UMass Dartmouth with Jeannette LoVetri as Artist-in Residence, and Conference Coordinator Marcelle Gauvin UMass Dartmouth and Berklee College of Music with guest faculty Tom Arduini, Ed Reisert, Speech Language Pathologist Kelly Coucci and Dr. Kathryn Green director of CCM Institute at Shenandoah University. Please view our 2014 brochure. For more information, please contact Marcelle Gauvin.
- January, 2014 Symposium for Voice Performance and Pedagogy. An intensive weekend program focusing on issues of vocal health and musical style in classical and contemporary commercial music, January 31 to February 2, 2014 at Oberlin Conservatory of Music, Oberlin Ohio.
The symposium brings together professionals from several disciplines who share an intense interest in the welfare of singers and professional voice users. The weekend provides an opportunity to explore classical and CCM vocal pedagogy in several ways. Continuing in the work of ground breaking pedagogue, the late Richard Miller, the weekend will help to advance the art, technique and teaching of singing in a masterful collaboration between health care, speech, voice science and medicine professionals and young artists and pedagogues. Members of The Voice Center of The Cleveland Clinic, Affiliate Scholars at Oberlin, will provide vocal health sessions for participants and Jeanie LoVetri will act as master clinician, taking the classical students through vocal production of sounds often found in today's 21st Century compositions. Please view our symposium program. For any questions, please contact Anna Hoffmann.
- October, 2013 Somatic Voicework™ Level I, An Innovative Pedagogical Approach for Contempory Vocal Styles, was offered again for the third year in October 25-27, 2013, at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, with Artist-in Residence Jeannette LoVetri, faculty Annette Masson, Robert Doyle, Marci Rosenberg, and Dr. Norman Hogikyan, Otolaryngologist of the University's Medical Center. This expanded course offers 1.8 estimated CEUs for Speech Language Pathologists. Please view our 2013 brochure for details and registration information. For more information, please contact Marci Rosenberg
- October, 2013 Special Opportunity! Jeanie presented an unplanned workshop in New York due to a generous invitation from world-renowned event planner and design expert, Preston Bailey. Mr. Bailey has invited Jeanie to present at his executive suite in Manhattan. This was similar to the day Jeanie does at the end of the Levels at Shenandoah, but it is open to anyone, not just graduates of Somatic Voicework™. The format was loose, and she addressed the needs and interests of the participants throughout the day. This special workshop was held on Saturday, October 5, 2013 and was very well received and all participants had a great time. Please view our brochure for more information.
copyright © The Voice Workshop 2001-2014, all rights reserved.