Sometimes it is more expedient to learn in a group setting. Especially when working with the voice, there can be definite advantages to being in a group -- everyone can learn from everyone else and no one is exposed, alone, making sounds on his or her own. Group interaction is fun and energizing, especially when the individual running the group makes sure that the atmosphere is safe and that the group dynamic is comfortable.
Workshops are also cost effective, in that information about the voice, or about public presentation can be given to many people at once. Emersion is also an accepted learning modality, allowing individuals to absorb a large amount of data all at once. At the end of a workshop, it isn't unusual for an individual to have discovered an entirely new perspective on their voice, sometimes once which is also life-changing.
Workshops on public speaking are offered for executives, management, trainers, salespersons, and all those using the voice professionally, including clergy, lawyers, teachers, and actors.
Workshops on the singing voice have included teachers of singing, singers, actors, musical and choral directors, conductors, composers, as well as speech pathologists and throat specialists (MDs).
Workshops can be offered on site for groups of any size and vary in length from one hour to several days. Formats include showing various vocal video tapes, slide presentations, live demonstration, teaching, and discussion.
Workshops presented include:
- "Music Theater Vocal Pedagogy for the 21st Century"
- "Public Speaking The Easy Way: A Workshop For Those Who Speak Before The Public"
- "Breath and Body Together: The Path Home"
- "Voice Science for the Singing Teacher of the 21st Century"
- "Speaking and Singing And Everything In Between"(With Dr. Daniel R. Boone)
- "Voice, Lies and Videotape"(Also with Dr. Boone)
- "How To Apply Voice Science In The Voice Studio"
- " Crossover Singing: What Works, What Doesn't and Why"
For Workshops scheduled for 2014 please see our Upcoming Events page
copyright © The Voice Workshop 2001-2015, all rights reserved.